A few days ago, I decided to sand and body blush Phoebe. I’ve chosen to give all my dolls this treatment, now that I feel confident that I will not completely ruin them by doing so.
That being said, I did actually manage to ruin Phoebe’s left hand by trying to heat adjust her fingers. A few minutes of being in the oven turned it an awful yellow and it started bubbling, which was damage that even sanding could not fix. Luckily, Dollmore sells these hands separately so it should be easy enough to get a replacement. Needless to say, I will not be trying that again!
The rest of the body blushing went acceptably well but not perfect. The weather was just windy and cold enough to show in the sealant (in the form of cracking and dust), so I will probably need to strip her down and reblush again in the future. I am not best friends with Mr. Super Clear.
In any case, here is a quick picture of my experimentation. I was torn for a long time over how to represent Phoebe’s wings, and I think is the ideal solution.
On an unrelated note, I have transferred the blog to a new template and it will probably be seeing other kinds of updates as well. This decision was prompted in part because the old template was too narrow to fit large pictures, especially in landscape. I also felt the blog has moved more towards BJDs these days and its appearance should reflect that. I hope that nobody is disappointed by the changes and I’m always open to suggestions of course!